The Program for Interprofessional Practice and Education (PIPE) is responsible for promoting and developing interprofessional learning opportunities for learners in the UCSF Schools of Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, and the Graduate Program in Physical Therapy. In addition, the PIPE program promotes interprofessional practice at UCSF and its affiliated clinical partners.
The PIPE Interprofessional Clinical Opportunities Grant was created to support individual clinical sites in piloting new interprofessional immersive experiences for students in the health professional programs at UCSF (Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy). Selected proposals will receive one-time funding of $7,500 to create and pilot a new interprofessional immersive experience for students.
- September 3 - October 14, 2019: Proposal Submission Phase
- October 14 - November 11, 2019: Proposal Review Phase
- December 2, 2019: Funded Proposals Announced
- January 1 - December 31, 2020: Project Implementation Phase
Applicants will develop a new interprofessional, immersive clinical experience (two weeks or equivalent – 10 days) in a clinical setting (inpatient or outpatient-based) where UCSF learners from two or more health professions have the opportunity to learn with, from and about each other.
All proposals should:
- Include UCSF learners from a minimum of two professional schools during each clinical experience. At least one learner must be a student from one of the health professional schools at UCSF (Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy).
- Include faculty from two professional schools
- Incorporate at least one interprofessional learning objective that links to the UCSF interprofessional core competencies
- Include assessment of learners
- Include an evaluation plan
- Plan to repeat the experience a minimum three times during funding year (minimum of 6 learners over the funding year)
- Have a plan for sustainability once the funding period is over
Principal Investigator Eligibility
- UCSF faculty or trainees
- Trainees in their final year must have a letter from their department chair certifying an academic position in the year 2020-2021.
- Trainees who are PIs on projects must include a faculty partner.
- Funding can be used to support faculty or an administrative staff’s time, or can go to the clinical setting where the immersion experience occurs.
- Funding cannot be used to purchase equipment or food.
All proposals will be submitted through a Qualtrics link that allows you to upload the required documents:
- Submission Checklist (required documents)
- Interprofessional Clinical Grant Proposal Design Template
- Proposal Review Survey
- UCSF IP Competencies and Sample Learning Objectives
- Resources for Interprofessional Scholarship
When you are ready, you can submit your official proposal via the following link: IPE Clinical Opportunities Grant: Proposal.
If you have any questions, please contact Jessaca Machado at [email protected] or 415-353-4738.